The Amazon Affiliate Program, also called “Amazon Associates,” allows content creators, publishers, and bloggers to monetize their content. After signing up for the free program, creators receive links they can publish and promote to their followers. When a sale is made through their individualised link, the affiliates may receive a commission up to 10% from qualifying purchases and programs, depending upon product category.
How Does it work ?
In the Amazon Affiliate program, associates earn commission by creating unique product links, promoting the links on their website, social profiles and driving referral traffic back to Amazon. Once the publisher, blogger, influencer signs up for the program and creates links, he/she can publish them to his various sites, blogs, channels, and social pages. After being accepted into the program and the links have been used to purchase products, Amazon will pay the creator in one of three options: deposit, gift card, or check.
- Website owners create an Amazon Affiliate account on the platform.
- Amazon gives each website owner a unique Associate ID.
- Once the application has been approved, associates can begin creating affiliate links in their Amazon portal.
- Associates then place the links in blog posts or other parts of their website.
- Once someone clicks the link and makes a purchase, the associate earns commission.
What are the rules for the creator/influencer ?
- You must disclose on your site or in your communication that you may be eligible to earn from your recommendations.
- You must not make false or deceptive claims in your recommendations.
- Avoid referring to prices
- Do not use Amazon affiliate links in offline promotions, eBooks, or email.
- Do not use link shorteners on affiliate links.
What’s in it for your Brand ?
As a seller, the Amazon Affiliate Program can be a great tool for growing brand awareness and capturing additional sales. This tool will also allow you to partner with influencers who promote Amazon Products. To find Amazon influencers, you can use platforms like Activate or you can manually search for them on social channels like Instagram or TikTok.