Amazon DSP is one of the media opportunities offered by Amazon Advertising, it is a demand-side platform that enables advertisers to programmatically buy display and video ads. The difference with other Amazon advertising products, is that it allows you to reach audiences on other sites than Amazon, whereas with other advertising products, you stay on Amazon.
One of the most effective features of Amazon DSP is the ability to leverage Amazon customer data to target shoppers off Amazon.
From home page banner placements to HTML offerings, Amazon DSP is a premium advertising offer available within Amazon Vendor Services.
With the Amazon DSP, you can programmatically reach your audiences:
- across Amazon-owned sites and apps
- on leading publishers’ sites through direct inventory from Amazon Publisher Services and third-party exchanges.
The ads can appear in any of the following forms:
- Desktop Display Ads
- Mobile Banners Ads
- Mobile Interstitial AdsImage & Text Ads
- In-stream Video Ads
Amazon DSP uses both own and third-party solutions, from manual site reviews to real-time bid evaluation, to uphold quality standards and brand safety.
What are the retargeting options ?
Your options are:
- Pixel based – Shoppers who visit your brand’s site.
- Product remarketing – Retarget shoppers who viewed your promoted products but didn’t convert.
- Brand halo remarketing – Retarget shoppers who viewed other products of your brand.
- Similar product remarketing –Reach shoppers browsing products similar to yours.
In addition, you can add in targeting layers to reach just the right audiences.
- Contextual (content of the website)
- Demographic (M/F, age, income, education)
- Geographic (zip code)
- Time of Day (by the hour)
- Other (device type, browser, etc.)
Read more about Amazon advertising here