Amazon hasn’t officially released the date for Prime Day 2019 yet but it’s typically scheduled in mid-July. Will you be ready ? For sellers who use Amazon, Prime Day can be a big boost to sales.
What is Prime Day ?
Prime Day is the biggest shopping summer event exclusively for Prime members. Prime Day 2018 brought in more sales than any Cyber Monday, Black Friday or the previous Prime Day from customers in 17 participating countries. Small and medium businesses selling through Amazon made more than $1.5 billion in sales during Prime Day 2018 in US only ! Advertising is also booming during that day: last year’s Prime Day alone brought in more than $3.6 million in ad sales.
Some things sellers need to know:
- Advertising during Prime Week is very competitive. You might need to increase your bids & budget
- You need to make sure that the product you are promoting is in stock or easily replenishable
- Algorithm: deals with the best price, quantity, and inventory are awarded the best time and position on the Amazon Deals page.
- Promotions: if you missed the deadline for lightning deals (e.a. your discount promoted by Amazon), you can still use Amazon coupons to grab the shopper’s attention.
- Shoppers can discover your coupons on:
- Amazon’s coupons home page
- in their search results
- on product pages
- in their shopping cart
- in your advertising (sponsored products ads)